POSNAcademy Editorial Board
- Included in charges of E-Editorial Committee
- Editor - Committee chair
- Subspecialty reviewers- Committee members will serve as reviewers. Additional review by POSNA member(s) with special expertise will be solicited as necessary. Committee members may identify subspecialty expertise in one or more categories as listed below:
- Spine Deformity
- Hand and Upper Extremity
- Foot and Ankle
- Syndromes / Skeletal Dysplasia
- Metabolic Bone Disease / Arthritis
- Deformity and Limb Lengthening
- Basic Science
- The videos, enhanced Powerpoints, or other non-CME offerings are submitted to the POSNAcademy site with the topic noted, including 4-6 key words for categorization. The author will also be required, with the submission, to have completed the POSNA Perpetual Non Exclusive License, obtained permissions for non-original drawings, figures, and images, and attested to the origin of original drawings, figures and images (“enduring content” rules).
- The Editor assigns two reviewers to view the submission. The reviewers are instructed not to identify themselves or their institutions within the body of their comments. The POSNAcademy Peer Review Form will be completed and submitted to the Editor. Each reviewer makes the preliminary decision to accept, reject, or ask the author to revise the submission.
- The Editor views the content after the initial review is complete and also completes the POSNAcademy Peer Review Form. The Editor makes the final decision to accept, reject, or ask the author to revise the submission.
- The recommendations are communicated to the author who has the opportunity to revise or withdraw the submission.
- The Editor reviews the edited submission and makes the final decision to accept or reject the submission.
- 1. POSNA will invite or recruit authors to submit content as a charge assigned to the Education Committee and other appropriate committees. Possible sources include:
- Lectures or topics given by members at IPOS, POSNA, SRS, AAP, and AAOS Annual meetings, and others, that would be appropriate based on the committee’s review of the offering. The author will be responsible for determining whether or not the rights to the talk allow its posting.
- Periodically review at 3-6 month intervals website offerings and identify topics that are not covered so that a POSNA “expert” may be identified and recruited for the task.
- The Editor assigns two reviewers based on the topic. The reviewers view the submission and make the decision to accept or reject the submission. Some simple editing may be done by the reviewer as instructed.
- The Editor reviews the recommendation of the reviewers and makes the decision to accept or reject the submission. The Editor makes all final decisions regarding acceptance of submissions.
Existing POSNAcademy Content
All published POSNAcademy content will be reviewed by the committee 3 years after the publication date. If the material is not up-to-date, it will be removed and new content solicited if appropriate. If the material is judged as current, it will remain posted for another 3 years until it is reviewed again.