POSNAcademy is the only peer-reviewed video platform dedicated exclusively to Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery. Launched in 2014, POSNAcademy has grown to become the would-wide source for Pediatric Orthopaedic knowledge online with nearly 30,000 views across 158 different countries. Our goal is to double our content in the next year and we need your help. Please log on to POSNAcademy and see what we have to offer.
Consider contributing to our site by creating a surgical video or narrated Powerpoint on any topic that you are expert in teaching. Don’t worry if you are technically challenged or inexperienced as we’ve created online tools to help makes it easy to produce your own content.
Suggested Video Types:
- Surgical techniques
- Nonoperative treatment methods
- Clinical skills
- Quality, safety, and value initiatives
- Didactic lectures (narrated PowerPoint)
- How to Create a Narrated Powerpoint – How-to video for first times users showing how easy it is to create a simple video and upload it to POSNAcademy
- Tips on Making a High-Quality Medical Videos – Expert tips and guidelines to create quality surgical videos
- CaptureSpace Lite Primer – Quick instructional video on how to use the online tools to create an enhanced PowerPoint video.
- Submission Guidelines – Guidelines from the POSNA E-Editorial Committee
- Editorial Process - Learn more about the editorial process for video submissions to the site.
Once you have created new content or already have a video that you would like to submit to POSNAcademy, follow these easy steps:
- Visit POSNAcademy.org and log on to your account. The member login is found in the upper right corner. You will need to obtain a separate log in for POSNAcademy that is different than your standard POSNA membership number. You can request an account using the online form on this page.
- Go to “Submit to Publish” and follow the instructions online to upload your video. Video can also be upload directly via the CaptureSpace Lite application.
- Complete the POSNAcademy Perpetual Non Exclusive License Agreement.
- The E-Editorial Committee will then review the submission and contact you with recommendations similar to how a peer-reviewed journal responds to written submissions. You can learn more about the editorial process here.
- After making any suggested changes and final committee approval, the video will be made available for viewing on POSNAcademy.