||Up to $30,000 total
||1-2 years (Proposal budgets should be detailed with this in mind)
||Award is to be given to an outstanding researcher for Excellence and Promise in Pediatric Orthopaedics, who is an Active member of POSNA.
||The Arthur H. Huene Memorial Award is made possible through the generosity of the St. Giles Foundation and Huene family.
||The grant application will be evaluated based on the following criteria: significance, impact, relevance to POSNA mission, originality/innovation, scientific quality of the proposed study, investigator(s) track record, feasibility, and potential for future funding. Applicants may apply for both the Arthur H. Huene Memorial and one of the POSNA Research Grants (Directed Research, Clinical Research, Basic Science) but must complete the grant application, check the box for the award they qualify for, and submit any other items required for that specific award.
- Applicants should be 45 years of age or older as of January 1st of the year of submission and an an Active member of POSNA.
- The award recipient will be primarily chosen on the merit of their submitted research proposal. In addition, past research accomplishments and future research potential will also be considered in the decision of this award.
- Applicant must be an orthopaedic surgeon who is licensed to practice in the United States or Canada and working at an institution in the U.S. or Canada. Non-orthopaedic surgeon MDs, PhDs, or DVMs cannot be considered for this award.
- The applicant is required to submit a formal grant application outlining the research question(s), significance of the project, research methods, expected results, and timeline of completion of the project. This work may be basic science, clinical, spine, or non-spine related.
- In order to be considered for the Huene Award, the applicant must check the Huene Award box on the grant application and provide the required additional materials (see below). Applicants may apply for one of the research grants and one of the POSNA Awards, but must check both on the grant application.
- The Huene Award will be adjudicated by the POSNA Research Committee.
- Huene Award Required Additional Materials:
- A current curriculum vitae with a statement about career goals
- A one page description of past research accomplishments
||December 13, 2021