||Up to $30,000 total
||1-2 years (Proposal budgets should be detailed with this in mind)
||Award is to be used for educational research endeavors.
||An award is to be given to a candidate or an active member of any age who has been a POSNA member for 5 years or less and who has less than 5 years of practice as of January 1st of the year of submission. Monies may include travel to centers of excellence to learn new techniques and skills.
||The grant application will be evaluated based on the following criteria: significance, impact, relevance to POSNA mission, originality/innovation, scientific quality of the proposed study, investigator(s) track record, feasibility, and potential for future funding. Applicants may apply for both the St. Giles Young Investigator and one of the POSNA Awards (Quality, Safety, Value Grant, Angela S.M. Kuo Memorial or Arthur H. Huene Memorial) but must complete the grant application, check the box for the award they qualify for, and submit any other items required for that specific award.
- The award recipient must be a candidate or an active member of any age who has been a POSNA member for 5 years or less and who has less than 5 years of practice as of January 1st of the year of submission.
- The award recipient will be primarily chosen on the merit of their submitted research proposal; however, future research potential will also be considered in the decision of this award.
- Applicant must be an orthopaedic surgeon who is licensed to practice in the United States or Canada and working at an institution in the U.S. or Canada. Non-orthopaedic surgeon MDs, PhDs, or DVMs cannot be considered for this award.
- The applicant is required to submit a formal grant application outlining the research question(s), significance of the project, research methods, expected results, and timeline of completion of the project. This work may be basic science, clinical, spine, or non-spine related.
- The St. Giles award will be adjudicated by the POSNA Research Committee.
- St. Giles Award Required Additional Materials:
- A current curriculum vitae with a statement about career goals.
||December 13, 2021