||The Division of Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery at Children’s of Mississippi/University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC) is seeking two fellowship-trained pediatric orthopedic surgeons at the assistant, associate or professor level to join a growing team of pediatric orthopaedic surgeons.
What makes this job so unique to other opportunities in the country?
• No Competition: Children’s of Mississippi is the only children’s hospital in the state, drawing patients from Mississippi as well as Tennessee, Louisiana, Arkansas and Alabama.
• Choose Your Niche: With a large underserved pediatric population with orthopaedic conditions, you can tailor your practice to focus on spine, limb deformity, trauma, cerebral palsy, etc. No one is going to limit your practice!
• Teaching: There are numerous opportunities to teach medical students and residents with up to three orthopaedic surgery residents on the pediatric service at any time.
• Research: The orthopaedic department has dedicated research staff helping with IRB submissions and manuscript submissions.
• Only Treat Kids: Pediatric orthopaedic calls only -- no adult calls!
• Quality of Life: The low cost of living in Mississippi, combined with the competitive salary and benefits offered makes it affordable to live in a suburban environment just minutes from the hospital.
• New Hospital: In November 2020 a brand new $100 million expansion to children’s hospital opened. This expansion included brand new operating rooms (including 2-3 dedicated orthopaedic OR rooms), new clinic space, and new pediatric MRI and CT imaging suites.
Contact: Dr. Kellie Leitch at email@example.com or Dr. Jaysson Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org