About Pediatric Orthopaedic Global Outreach
The Pediatric Orthopaedic Global Outreach (POGO) Committee enhances the delivery of orthopaedic care for children worldwide through education and service. Approximately 50% of the world's population is less than 16 years old, and most have no access to orthopaedic care. The POGO Committee is dedicated to improving access to this care by:
- Promoting education, surgical training and improved working conditions for orthopaedic surgeons in those countries.
- Monitoring and cataloging outreach missions to underserved regions by the POSNA membership, for the POSNA membership.
- Collaborating with alliance societies to sponsor educational courses in underserved regions.
- Managing the International Scholars Program, to help orthopaedic surgeons from underserved regions attend the POSNA Annual Meeting, or the International Pediatric Orthopaedic Symposium.
- Developing and maintaining a selection of educational material on the POSNA website that is accessible to POSNA members working in underserved regions.