An award of up to $30,000 is to be given to an outstanding researcher for Excellence and Promise in Pediatric Orthopaedics, who is an Active member of POSNA. The Arthur H. Huene Memorial Award is made possible through the generosity of the St. Giles Foundation and Huene family.
- Applicants should be greater than 45 years of age and an Active member of POSNA.
- The award recipient will be primarily chosen on the merit of their submitted research proposal. In addition, past research accomplishments and future research potential will also be considered in the decision of this award.
- Applicant must be an orthopaedic surgeon who is licensed to practice in the United States or Canada and working at an institution in the U.S. or Canada. Non-orthopaedic surgeon MDs, PhDs, or DVMs cannot be considered for this award.
- The applicant is required to submit a formal grant application outlining the research question(s), significance of the project, research methods, expected results, and timeline of completion of the project. This work may be basic science, clinical, spine, or non-spine related.
- In order to considered for the Arthur Huene Memorial Award, the applicant must check the Arthur Huene Memorial Award box on the grant application and provide the required additional materials (see below). Applicants may apply for one of the research grants and one of the POSNA Awards, but must check both on the grant application.
- Arthur Huene Memorial Award Required Additional Materials:
- A current curriculum vitae a statement about career goals.
- A one page description of past research accomplishments.