An award of $30.000 is to be given to an outstanding young researcher, who is an Active member of POSNA. Award is to be used by a young investigator to help promote a long term research career for that individual. The Angela S. M. Kuo Memorial Award is made possible through an OREF Endowment Fund created by Ken Kuo, MD.
- Applicants should be 45 years of age or younger and an Active member of POSNA.
- The award recipient will be primarily chosen on the merit of their submitted research proposal. In addition, past research accomplishments and future research potential will also be considered in the decision of this award.
- Applicant must be an orthopaedic surgeon who is licensed to practice in the United States or Canada and working at an institution in the U.S. or Canada. Non-orthopaedic surgeon MDs, PhDs, or DVMs cannot be considered for this award.
- The applicant is required to submit a formal grant application outlining the research question(s), significance of the project, research methods, expected results, and timeline of completion of the project. This work may be basic science, clinical, spine, or non-spine related.
- In order to be considered for the Kuo Award, the applicant must check the Kuo Award box on the grant application and provide the required additional materials (see below). Applicants may apply for one of the research grants and one of the POSNA awards, but must check both on the grant application.
- Kuo Award Required Additional Materials:
- A current curriculum vitae with a statement about career goals.
- A letter of support from a POSNA member, (other than the applicant), is required.
Deadline for Submission: October 31, 2013
You can contact the POSNA office at (847)-698-1692 or email at email@example.com